Foam balls are a great crafting supply because they’re inexpensive, lightweight, and easy to work with. You can use them to make a variety of projects, from ornaments to stuffed animals. Here are some ideas for fun foam ball crafts:
1. Make a snowman. Cut a small hole in the top of a foam ball, and insert a small piece of black foam for the hat. Glue on a face and buttons, and you’ve got a snowman ornament.
2. Make a wreath. Glue foam balls together in a circle to make a wreath. You can use different colors to create a festive look, or leave them all white for a more wintery feel.
3. Make a garland. String foam balls on a piece of ribbon to create a festive garland. You can use any color combination you like, or go with a winter theme and use white and silver balls.
4. Make a pom-pom. Cut a small hole in the top of a foam ball, and insert a piece of yarn. Cut the yarn so that it’s about twice as long as the ball. Hold the yarn taut and twist it around the ball. Once the ball is covered, tie the two ends of the yarn together and trim the excess.
5. Make a stuffed animal. Cut a small hole in the top of a foam ball, and insert a small piece of stuffing. Glue the opening shut. You can use this method to make any type of stuffed animal, from bears to bunnies.
6. Make a lampshade. Cut a large foam ball in half, and then cut each half in half again. Glue the four quarters together to form a dome. Glue a small piece of black foam to the top for the shade. You can use this lampshade to cover any standard lightbulb.
7. Make a bowl. Cut a large foam ball in half, and then cut each half in half again. Glue the four quarters together to form a bowl. You can use this bowl to hold small trinkets or candy.
8. Make a decoration. Glue foam balls together in any shape you like to make a festive decoration. You can use any color combination you like, or go with a Christmas theme and use red and green balls.
As you can see, there are many different things you can do with foam balls. They’re a great crafting supply for all sorts of different projects. So have some fun and try out some of these ideas!
What can you make with foam balls?
Foam balls are a versatile crafting material that can be used to make a wide variety of projects. They can be decorated with paint, stickers, or other craft supplies, and can be used to create everything from ornaments to toys. Here are some ideas for projects that you can make with foam balls:
Ornaments: Foam balls can be decorated with paint, stickers, glitter, or other craft materials to create beautiful ornaments for your holiday tree or home décor.
Toy animals: Foam balls can be used to create toy animals of all shapes and sizes. You can use them to create the body, head, and legs of your animals, and then decorate them with paint, stickers, and other craft supplies.
Puppets: Foam balls can also be used to create puppets of all shapes and sizes. You can use them to create the body, head, and arms or legs of your puppets, and then decorate them with paint, stickers, and other craft supplies.
Decorations: Foam balls can be used to create a variety of festive decorations for your home. You can use them to create Christmas ornaments, New Year’s decorations, Easter eggs, and more.
There are many other projects that you can make with foam balls, and the possibilities are endless. So get creative and have some fun!
How do you decorate foam balls?
Foam balls are a versatile DIY crafting supply that can be used to create all sorts of decorations. Here’s a look at how to decorate foam balls using a few simple methods.
One way to decorate a foam ball is to paint it. You can use any type of paint, but acrylic paint works best because it dries quickly and is non-toxic. To paint a foam ball, start by painting it with a base color. Once the base color is dry, add details with a second color. You can use a variety of techniques to create different effects, such as sponging, stamping, or swirling.
Another way to decorate a foam ball is to cover it with fabric. You can use any type of fabric, but lightweight fabrics work best. To cover a foam ball with fabric, start by cutting a piece of fabric that is slightly larger than the ball. Then, use a hot glue gun to attach the fabric to the ball. Be sure to press the fabric down well so that it sticks to the glue.
You can also decorate a foam ball by adding embellishments. For example, you can add beads, sequins, or rhinestones. To do this, use a hot glue gun to attach the embellishments to the ball. You can attach them in any pattern you like, or you can make a design with multiple colors.
Finally, you can also add a bow to a foam ball to give it a festive look. To do this, cut a piece of ribbon that is about twice the length of the ball. Then, use a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the top of the ball. Wrap the ribbon around the ball and tie a knot at the top.
How do you attach fabric to a Styrofoam ball?
There are a few ways to attach fabric to a Styrofoam ball.
One way is to use a hot glue gun. First, cut a piece of fabric slightly larger than the ball. Then, put a thin line of hot glue around the edge of the ball. Press the fabric onto the glue, and hold it in place until the glue dries.
Another way to attach fabric to a Styrofoam ball is to use a needle and thread. First, cut a piece of fabric slightly larger than the ball. Then, fold the fabric in half and sew a seam around the edge of the fabric. Turn the fabric right-side out, and insert it into the ball. Sew a seam around the edge of the fabric, close to the edge of the ball.
How do you make a Styrofoam ball ornament?
Styrofoam balls make great ornaments for the Christmas tree. They are easy to make and can be decorated in a variety of ways.
To make a Styrofoam ball ornament, you will need:
– Styrofoam ball
– Paint or markers
– Ribbon or string
First, glue the Styrofoam ball together. You can use any type of glue, but a hot glue gun will work best.
Next, decorate the ball. You can use paint, markers, or any other type of decoration.
Finally, tie a ribbon or string around the ball to hang it on the tree.
Can you glitter Styrofoam balls?
Can you glitter Styrofoam balls?
Yes, you can definitely glitter Styrofoam balls! In fact, it’s a great way to add some extra pizzazz to your holiday decor.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by cutting a Styrofoam ball in half with a sharp knife.
2. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the surface of the ball.
3. Sprinkle glitter over the Mod Podge.
4. Let the ball dry completely.
5. Repeat the steps for the other half of the ball.
That’s it! Your glittery Styrofoam ball is now ready to be displayed.
Can you use Mod Podge on foam balls?
Yes, you can use Mod Podge on foam balls. It will add a layer of protection and give them a glossy finish.
What paint is best for foam balls?
There are so many different types of paint on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your needs. If you’re looking for paint to use on foam balls, there are a few factors to consider.
The type of foam ball you’re using is important, as not all paints will work with every type of foam. If you’re using a brand-name foam ball like a Styrofoam ball, you can usually use any type of paint. If you’re using a foam ball that’s made from a type of foam that’s not as dense, such as insulation foam or craft foam, you’ll want to use a paint that’s specifically designed for foam.
Paint that’s designed for foam will be more likely to stick to the surface of the ball, and it will also be more durable. Standard acrylic paint can often peel or chip off of foam balls, so it’s not the best choice for this application. Spray paint is another option, but it can be difficult to get an even coat on a round surface.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to paint foam balls, a paint pen or marker is a good option. These pens are specifically designed for use on foam, and they come in a variety of colors. They’re also relatively affordable, so they’re a good option for a project that doesn’t require a lot of paint.
No matter what type of paint you choose, make sure to test it on a small area of the foam ball first to make sure it doesn’t cause any damage. Some paints can cause the foam to become brittle or to break down over time.